I Can Explain Why It Is Important To Keep Your Cat Inside At Night

Cats are small furry carnivorous mammals that are related to lions, tigers, leopards and other wild cats. They are often kept as pets and sometimes kept as mouse catchers. If they are pets they are often domesticated. Cats are great companions for humans.

80% of accidents involving cats happen at night (kingston.vic.gov.au). Roaming cats can be hit by cars, get in cat fights, catch diseases or can become lost. If a cat is well-fed it doesn’t mean it can’t hunt native wildlife. Roaming cats can annoy neighbours by digging up their garden, meowing and fighting with their pets. Cats can catch fatal diseases such as feline AIDS, fleas, ticks, worms, cuts, diarrhoea and other sicknesses. Cats that get kept inside live up to 3 times longer than cats that roam.

So next time you’re about to go to bed and your cat in still outside remember to go outside and get it and put it inside, so your cat will be a lot safer and so will the native wildlife.
By Charlize 5C

Bibliography
kingston.vic.gov.au
geelongaustralia.com.au
portenf.sa.gov.au
Picture: www.rd.com
Diagram: www.catkingdomenclosures.com

image image

What makes my text a good explanation?

I think my text is a good explanation text because I cleary defined the subject in my first so that others would understand it. I didn’t choose a subject that I knew everything about so I had 3 websites that gave me information. I chose a diagram that was simple and was easy to make.